- Home & News
- JUMP Program
- Get JUMP
- Status of Publications
- Student Resources
- Teacher’s Guides
- SMART Lesson Materials
- Answer Keys
- Units Tests
- Curriculum Guides
- Other Support Materials
- Lessons on Math and the Environment
- Order JUMP Math
- Pricing and Discounts
- Free Samples of School Resources
- Getting Ready for JUMP with Fractions
- National Book Fund
- REACH Community Fund
- About Us
- Support Us
Professional Development - USA
Our professional development (PD) sessions are designed to show you how to use the JUMP Math curriculum and our proven teaching strategies to reach and engage all students. On the West Coast, JUMP Math Level 1 training will be delivered by Amy Helmstetter, Manager, Outreach and Teacher Support, Northern California.
How to Reach and Teach Every Child (Introduction)
Focus Audience: Teachers of Grades 1–8, Learning Assistance Specialists, and EAs with little or no experience with JUMP Math.
Get introduced to the JUMP Math approach and gain the tools and skills to implement the program effectively in your classroom or school. In this workshop you will gain:
- A foundation in the JUMP Math approach to teaching mathematics in 1st to 8th grade classrooms
- Knowledge of the emerging evidence on the effectiveness of JUMP Math
- An understanding of how JUMP Math aligns with the US Common Core State Standards
- Strategies to develop Mental Math fluency
- Differentiation techniques that support classroom community and avoid classroom hierarchies
- Techniques for teaching problem-solving skills
- Assessment strategies that keep students engaged and learning in their comfort zone
- Familiarity with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
Registration is currently open for (click on date):
For your convenience, JUMP Math PD sessions for Level 1, Level 2 and special education are available as a series of webinars.
You can also browse our calendar for a full slate of training sessions and webinars.
Want a PD Session in Your Community?
If there is sufficient interest in your school district, arrangements can be made to have a JUMP Math facilitator deliver professional development to your group. Prices vary according to location and number of teachers. Please contact Noreen McLean, Office Manager, for more details.
Professional Development Certificates
Professional development certificates are available to participants upon request. Please contact Noreen McLean to make arrangements.