- Home & News
- JUMP Program
- Get JUMP
- Status of Publications
- Student Resources
- Teacher’s Guides
- SMART Lesson Materials
- Answer Keys
- Units Tests
- Curriculum Guides
- Other Support Materials
- Lessons on Math and the Environment
- Order JUMP Math
- Pricing and Discounts
- Free Samples of School Resources
- Getting Ready for JUMP with Fractions
- National Book Fund
- REACH Community Fund
- About Us
- Support Us
JUMP Math PD Webinars
JUMP Math regularly runs webinars led by one of our Managers of Outreach and Teacher Support or an experienced JUMP Math teacher. Each trainer brings their experience with the program as well as specific areas of expertise.
This webinar will be delivered via the internet. Access information will be sent to all registrants by email prior to the webinar date.
Please check your computer BEFORE the webinar using https://jumpmath.webex.com/jumpmath/systemdiagnosis.php.
How to Reach and Teach Every Child (Introduction)
Focus Audience: Teachers of Grades 1–8, Learning Assistance Specialists, and EAs with little or no experience with JUMP Math.
JUMP Math is a method and philosophy aimed at eradicating math anxiety and enabling students to reach their full potential in mathematics. New work in cognition has shown that mathematical abilities can be developed in all students (even ones who have traditionally struggled at school) through rigorous instruction.
In this two-part webinar we will present a number of proven methods that teachers can use to engage their students in learning mathematics. By using continuous assessment, by breaking explanations into manageable steps, and by challenging students to discover ideas by incrementally raising the bar, teachers can keep their whole class moving along at roughly the same pace. You will:
- Learn about the JUMP Math program, its philosophy and development
- Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Learn about JUMP Math teaching strategies
- Discuss practical strategies to develop mental math fluency
- Look at our confidence building unit for engaging reluctant learners
- Learn about strategies to develop solid problem solving skills
This four-hour webinar costs $49. The fee includes Part 1 and Part 2, both of which must be completed in sequence. For your convenience, we run sessions regularly, and each of Part 1 and Part 2 can be completed in a manageable 2 hours. You will receive an e-mail 2 days prior to the webinar containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
Taking it to the Next Level (Level 2)
Focus Audience: Teachers of Grades 1–8, Learning Assistance Specialists, and EAs who have a of JUMP Math and wish to take their practice to the next level.
This JUMP Math Professional Development (PD) session focuses on how to get the most out of the JUMP Math Program and take it to the next level. You will be guided through the art of scaffolding difficult concepts in math teaching. We will look at how to develop bonus questions challenging students who finish quickly. We will examine teaching strategies that will help you in pushing the boundaries of mathematical success in all young people. In this workshop presenters will:
- Thoroughly examine JUMP Principles in order to simplify complex math concepts; build connections between concepts and procedures; and verify student learning
- Explore the use of guided practice and guided discovery
- Share tips using JUMP Math teaching strategies
- Look at how to develop bonus questions that challenge students who finish quickly
- Guide you through planning for and managing multi-grade classrooms.
This two-hour webinar costs $35. For your convenience, we run sessions often. You will receive an e-mail 2 days prior to the webinar containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
Meeting the Needs of All Learners (JUMP Math for Special Education)
Focus Audience: Special Educators, Learning Assistance Specialists, Educational Assistants, and Classroom Teachers.
JUMP Math’s Professional Development (PD) session is designed to give you the tools and skills to effectively meet the needs of all of your learners in your classroom or school. In this workshop the presenters will:
- Explore how learning differences become challenges in your classroom
- Explain how JUMP Math minimizes these challenges and enables you to teach to a higher standard without leaving any students behind
- Discuss the importance of brain-based teaching strategies
- Discuss practical strategies to engage all students
- Have opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
This three-hour webinar costs $35. For your convenience, we run sessions often. You will receive an e-mail 2 days prior to the webinar containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
If you need additional information please contact Noreen McLean by email at.
You can also browse our calendar for a full slate of in-person training sessions and our intensive Institutes.