Outreach Manager (Part-Time)
Part-Time (3 Days/week)
Region: Canada (Toronto Office/Remote)
Salary: This is a part-time role (3 days per week) with benefits. Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
Application Post date: September 29, 2021
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. Please use the cover letter to explain in one page how your qualifications match our requirements and why this job right for you at this point in your career.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodation, please indicate in your application. Application is only open to those legally eligible to work in Canada.
JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student.
The primary purpose of the Outreach Manager is to provide outstanding teacher support and professional learning experiences (in person and virtually) to educators and schools using the JUMP Math K-9 resources to further JUMP Math’s mission to create a more equitable society through mathematics education. The Outreach Manager provides excellent customer service and support to ensure JUMP Math reaches its annual sales targets.
Reporting to the Vice President, Outreach and Sales and working closely with our Founder and other staff, the Outreach Manager is responsible to retain, support, and grow a group of JUMP Math accounts within a specific assigned territory. The aim of this role is to increase the impact of JUMP Math pedagogy measured by the number of teachers and students using the program as well as sales targets achieved each year in the assigned geographic area. The Outreach Manager is responsible for stewarding and retaining existing users through outstanding customer support and, working collaboratively with the Sales team, for expanding the number of new schools, school districts and classrooms using JUMP Math Teacher and Student resources. The Outreach Manager is an ambassador who educates classroom teachers, educators, and administrators about JUMP Math’s philosophy and efficacy. The role also helps track the customer journey in Salesforce, our customer relationship database, to ensure effective and timely implementation of JUMP Math resources. The Outreach Manager also attends and delivers workshops at provincial education conferences to promote the JUMP Math program to current and future users.
- Provides outstanding support for classroom teachers and senior leadership who are using the JUMP Math resources
- Assists teachers and other educators to access the JUMP Math Teacher Resource Centre (via the JUMP Math website) for various teacher and student resources
- Working closely with Sales colleagues, identifies prospective school boards, schools, and teachers that may be interested in implementing JUMP Math
- Working collaboratively with Sales colleagues, builds awareness and understanding of JUMP Math pedagogy and resources and follows up on leads
- Generates professional learning opportunities for teachers and other educators based on needs assessments
- Delivers and facilitates webinars (live and recorded) and professional learning sessions with educators (teachers, administrators, school representatives and other stakeholders)
- Supports program implementation including follow-up meetings, customized professional learning sessions, and lesson demonstrations
- Supports at-risk and marginalized communities with JUMP Math implementations
- Finds, organizes, and participates in appropriate education conferences, including speaking engagements
- Supports JUMP Math pilots and research studies associated with schools, school districts, or boards.
- Identifies program and professional learning/training needs, presents JUMP Math as a solution, and creates customized support plans to maximize customer success
- Communicates the efficacy of the JUMP Math program by sharing results of various randomized control trials (RCT) or other research or reports as well as coordinates engagement with JUMP Math’s Founder as appropriate to enhance sale or adoption of the program
- Supports schools with ordering process if required; provides pricing and ordering information for JUMP materials and professional learning services
- Assists with development of ideas for teacher support, e.g., social media, website, blogs, online community
- Provides brief written reports of activities as required for internal (Senior Leadership) or external stakeholders (donors, funders, etc.)
- Confident and credible
- Intellectually curious
- Ability to think creatively and follow- through with ideas
- Personable and a strong relationship builder
- Independent and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player
- Respectful, advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Strong communication, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology: MSOffice (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), video conferencing and meeting software (MS Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, etc.)
- Resourceful problem solver
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in any discipline; B.Ed. in Mathematics or similar field preferred; or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience as an educator (professionally certified/licensed preferred); elementary or middle school preferred
- Educational background and career in public or private education
- Public speaking experience
- Experience with teaching JUMP Math is an asset
- Experience delivering of professional learning experiences to educators or students, both online and in-person
- Current experience and understanding of school contexts (both public and private preferred)
- Familiarity with digital teaching and learning, and mathematics tools utilized by schools is an asset
- A passion for education and the possibilities of math education to change lives
This is a part-time role (3 days per week) with benefits. Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are committed to hiring practices that are barrier-free, emphasize the value of diversity, and ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all applicants. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce including Indigenous peoples, those from the LGBTQ2S community, people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and women.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know.