Program Manager, Student Supports
Region: Canada (Toronto Office/Remote)
Salary: This is a full-time role plus benefits. Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
Application Post date: September 29, 2021
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. Please use the cover letter to explain in one page how your qualifications match our requirements and why this job right for you at this point in your career.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodation, please indicate in your application. Application is only open to those legally eligible to work in Canada.
JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student.
The primary purpose of the Program Manager, Student Supports, at JUMP Math is to lead and grow supplementary JUMP Math resources (print and digital) used outside the classroom (tutoring programs, digital lessons, etc.) to support students’ progress on mathematics education results and outcomes.
Reporting to the Founder and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the CEO, and other staff at JUMP Math, the Program Manager, Student Supports, leads the development and delivery of student mathematics support programs such as tutoring programs, digital content, and professional learning programs for parents, guardians, early childhood educators, and volunteers to be able to increase students’ educational outcomes. The role is key to helping JUMP Math deliver wrap-around supports for communities with high-needs students. The Program Manager, Student Supports, will establish and execute program plans and lead the delivery of pilots for new program innovations with school districts and community organizations, working together on a new “integrated service model” at JUMP Math. Working collaboratively with Publications, Outreach and Sales, and the Marketing and Communications teams, the role also ensures that all student support resources (print, digital, webinars, etc.) are produced, branded appropriately, and delivered to key audiences. This role requires an understanding of JUMP Math mission and pedagogy, and education resources.
- Using existing JUMP Math resources, works closely with colleagues to modify existing K-12 resources to create supplementary content so they are appropriate for key audiences (students, parents, volunteers, early childhood educators, and others).
- Supports and leads the development of new student support resources such as tutoring programs, after-school math programs, and summer school math programs to ensure their success.
- Works with colleagues to develop and deliver professional learning and development programs for parents, volunteers, early childhood educators, and other stakeholders to effectively provide additional supports for students.
- Works closely with school and community partners to identify supplementary student support needs and works with JUMP Math staff to deliver high quality tutoring and accelerated learning programs for students.
- Leads and encourages a formal Design Thinking process in the creation of JUMP Math student support resources.
- Collaborates with JUMP Math colleagues to coordinate student supports that align with the K-12 professional learning supports for key audiences (teachers, school leaders/decision makers) including webinars (live and recorded), on-demand education, and online engagement.
- Develops tools/mechanisms to evaluate program success/effectiveness and incorporates user feedback.
- Monitors performance data of student support programs to inform strategies and decision-making including parent/student engagement and feedback from other key audiences.
- Ensures student support content is consistently presented according to brand guidelines and key messaging with help from the Marketing & Communications team
- Assists Marketing and Communications with appropriate messaging for key stakeholders and student audiences via various marketing and communications channels
- Provides support as appropriate for JUMP Math Outreach and Sales team to support retention and acquisition of new sales
- Ensures the delivery of professional learning (live and virtual via Zoom) webinars to key stakeholders as required.
- Works closely with the Founder and CEO on digital strategies and plans for supplementary digital student resources providing input and stakeholders perspective
- Keeps abreast of current digital technologies for professional learning, classroom learning, and mathematics used in K-12 schools, online and other education settings to ensure JUMP Math student support resources are aligned.
- Ensures that student support resources are made available to key audiences through the JUMP Math Resource Centre via the website.
- Facilitates in-service learning for JUMP Math colleagues to explore and learn new digital tools and methods being used by JUMP Math student supports.
- Provides written reports to the Founder, CEO, and the Senior Leadership team as appropriate
- Confident and credible
- Resourceful problem solver
- Intellectually curious
- Personable and a strong relationship builder
- Independent and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and follow- through with ideas
- Respectful, advocate for inclusivity and diversity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of e-learning authoring tools such as Storyline, Captivate, Adapt, etc.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership
- Public speaking ability and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology: MS Office (Word, Power Point), on-line conferencing technology (e.g., Google Meet, Zoom, MS Teams)
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Project coordination and stakeholder management skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma (preferably in Education-related discipline) or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three years of program delivery or project management work experience in a nonprofit, education, or public sector environment
- Familiarity with tutoring or other student supports, digital teaching and e-learning, and/or mathematics tools utilized by schools is an asset
- A passion for education and the possibilities of math education to change lives
This is a full-time role plus benefits. Candidates must be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are committed to hiring practices that are barrier-free, emphasize the value of diversity, and ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all applicants. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce including Indigenous peoples, those from the LGBTQ2S community, people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and women.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know.