Manager, Professional Learning
Region: Canada (Toronto Office/Remote)
Salary: This is a full-time role with benefits and may be fully remote within Canada.
Application Post date: September 29, 2021
Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. Please use the cover letter to explain in one page how your qualifications match our requirements and why this job right for you at this point in your career.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. If you require accessibility accommodation, please indicate in your application. Application is only open to those legally eligible to work in Canada.
JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student.
The primary purpose of the Manager, Professional Learning role at JUMP Math is to lead and grow all Professional Learning of JUMP Math’s core classroom programs for key audiences, including teachers, educators, and administrators at schools, school boards and districts to ensure the successful implementation by educators of the JUMP Math resources.
Reporting to the Vice President, Outreach and Sales, and working closely with the Founder, the Manager, Professional Learning will help create and execute strategies and plans for professional learning, focused on delivery via webinars online (live and recorded) and in person training, digital education, and other supports that allow stakeholders to learn about or easily adopt the approach and best practices of JUMP Math programs. Working collaboratively with Outreach Managers, the Founder, Professional Learning colleagues, and other staff, this role will refine and create content to support better understanding of JUMP Math’s pedagogy among educators. The Manager, Professional Learning also acts as a key liaison with the Marketing and Communications and Sales teams to ensure professional learning content is appropriately JUMP Math branded for professional educators, decision makers, and other JUMP Math audiences. This role requires an understanding of JUMP Math mission and pedagogy, and education resources.
This is a full-time role with benefits and may be fully remote within Canada.
1. Professional Learning Strategies and Content Development:
- Develop and execute K-12 classroom specific professional learning strategies and tactics for key stakeholders
- Review and create webinars and professional learning content at JUMP Math with VP, Outreach and Sales, and other Senior Leadership Team members and staff as appropriate
- Lead and encourage a formal Design Thinking process to inform a formalized professional learning strategy for key audiences that aligns with JUMP Math’s overall strategy
- Generate professional learning opportunities for key K-12 audiences (teachers, school leaders/decision makers) including webinars (live and recorded), on-demand education and online engagement
- Monitor performance data of professional learning programs to inform strategies and decision-making including registration and sales, teacher engagement, and feedback from key audiences
- Advice and project management of professional learning projects and initiatives
- Ensure professional learning content is consistently presented according to brand guidelines and key messaging with support from the Marketing & Communications team
- Assist Marketing & Communications with appropriate messaging for teachers, educators and student audiences via various marketing and communications channels
- Provide professional learning content and support for JUMP Math Outreach and Sales team to support retention and acquisition of new sales
- Delivery of professional learning (live and virtual) to key stakeholders as required
2. Digital Strategy and Support:
- Participate and engage with staff and Senior Leadership on the organization’s professional learning digital strategies and plans providing input and a teacher/educator perspective
- Advise the Founder and CEO on current technologies for professional learning, classroom learning, and mathematics used in schools, online, and other education settings
- Provide support for educator implementation of digital and hybrid products through professional learning programs
- Facilitate in-service for Outreach colleagues to explore & learn new digital tools and methods being used by JUMP Math
- Written reports to VP, Outreach and Sales and the Senior Leadership team as appropriate
- Confident and credible
- Intellectually curious
- Personable and a strong relationship builder
- Independent and self-motivated
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to think creatively and follow- through with ideas
- Respectful, advocate for inclusivity, and diversity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Knowledge of e-learning authoring tools such as Storyline, Captivate, Adapt, etc.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness of professional learning programs
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership
- Public speaking ability and presentation skills
- Proficiency with computers and technology; MS Office, on-line conferencing technology (e.g., Google Meet, Zoom, MS Teams), learning management systems (LMS) and software programs that are utilized by schools and school districts/boards
- Proven ability to provide guidance and support to business clients
- Post-secondary degree in any discipline; B.Ed. in Mathematics or EdTech or similar field preferred; or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience as an educator (professionally certified/licensed); elementary or middle school preferred
- Strong educational background and broad career experience
- Experience creating and delivering of professional learning experiences both online and in-person
- Current experience and understanding of school contexts (both public and private sectors preferred)
- Familiarity with digital teaching and learning, and mathematics tools utilized by schools is an asset
- Passion for education and the possibilities of math education to change lives
Qualified candidates please apply on or before October 22, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are committed to hiring practices that are barrier-free, emphasize the value of diversity, and ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all applicants. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce including Indigenous peoples, those from the LGBTQ2S community, people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and women.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know.