Web and Graphic Designer (Brand and Communications)
Region: Canada (Toronto Office/Remote)
Salary: $55k-$65k CDN
Application Post date: August 30, 2021
Application Deadline: September 17, 2021
Qualified candidates please apply before September 17, 2021 to [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
JUMP Math is a Canadian charity with global reach that empowers teachers and educators to multiply the potential in every classroom through research-informed, curriculum-aligned resources and approaches that ignite and nurture an enduring understanding and love of math in every student.
The Web and Graphic Designer serves as project lead and subject matter expert on all strategic creative and design initiatives for all lines of business at JUMP Math and is responsible for the creative conception, execution and production of all digital assets and print materials used to communicate JUMP Math’s brand and key messages. This includes digital media production and some website design and development to support ongoing updates to our website properties. This position works closely with internal and external JUMP Math stakeholders to move projects through from conception to completion within appropriate brand guidelines, timelines and budgets.
1. Strong Conceptual Design Skills
- Leverages strong design skills and knowledge to conceptualize, create and deliver a variety of high impact, on-brand visual marketing and corporate communications materials in digital and print format including, but not limited to, marketing collateral and ads, websites, social media and video assets
- Manages all aspects of creative design process – develops concepts, creates mockups, visuals, design layouts, digital presentations, production, printing, packaging and delivery of print and/or digital projects
- Ensures design projects are completed on time, within allocated budgets and on deadline
2. Branded Marketing Materials
- Creates and maintains all branded print and digital internal/external documents and templates (i.e. manuals, forms, infographics, email templates, presentation decks, and print and digital media such as ads, social media graphic IDs, visual assets, etc.)
- Creates and maintains visual brand standards manuals and ensures the correct application of JUMP Math brand standards & guidelines across all print, web and digital design materials
- Develops photography briefs and coordinates photo shoots with external vendors, as well as providing photography skills and knowledge, as needed.
- Creates and edits promotional videos for JUMP Math and supports all teams with video creation, ensuring they are brand compliant and visually engaging. As needed, also liaises with external video production vendors to execute video creation.
- Ensures JUMP Math meets requirements and best practices in maintaining and exceeding AODA standards for communications and information design
- Provides proofreading and brand consistency checks for all materials
3. Collaborative Teamwork
- Builds and maintains good relationships with staff across all JUMP Math departments to provide design expertise and project support, ensuring quality design and consistent, correct use of the JUMP Math visual identity on all creative design projects across all platforms and mediums.
- Establishes design project workflows and processes, including design briefs to gather information and clarify needs, and communicates clearly with stakeholders regarding project status and timelines, from project conception to completion.
- Works successfully with external vendors to coordinate and manage all aspects of design production and printing of marketing materials, procures vendor quotes, in line with JUMP Math’s procurement policies.
5. Website & Digital Asset Management
- Acts as “webmaster”, for the website and all other JUMP Math web properties. Using PHP, CSS and HTML skills, develops and designs responsive landing pages and microsites, aligned with brand design standards, ensuring optimization of speed, functionality and SEO rankings, as required.
- Develops and maintains the systematic organization of all digital files and assets, including sorting and filing of image and video libraries, ensuring that they are easily searchable and that media consent permission records are kept.
- Using current best practices, sources appropriate imagery for all creative projects (annual reports, brochures, websites, social channels, newsletters, etc.) and handles media consent permissions and licensing requests.
- Creative thinker who can identify high impact design solutions
- Technically adept
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering exceptional, on-brand marketing materials
- Quick, adaptable, and flexible
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ work ethic
- Team player who works well with others
- Proven ability to move between strategy and execution
- Highly proficient multi-tasker with superior organizational and time management skills
- Good listener with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Values inclusion, diversity and equity
- Exceptional design and illustration skills and sensibilities
- Expert knowledge and skill in key design software including: Adobe Creative Suite – CS5.5 and higher (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Muse, Audition, Acrobat)
- Highly proficient computer skills (PC and Mac) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid knowledge of organizational branding principles, print production processes, design industry trends/innovations
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, SEO an asset
- Solid understanding of principles of photography for photo taking and selection
- Excellent project management skills (organization, workflow processes and creative briefs)
- Good familiarity with file sharing/transfer solutions (i.e. WeTransfer) and stock image management (Shutterstock, etc.)
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Graphic and Web Design/Development, Creative Design Industries and Marketing or equivalent experience
- Five years of demonstrated work experience in the charitable sector or private sector, education or publishing-related is preferred but not required
- Proven track record of working well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated track record and experience in graphic, web and brand design (min. 4-5 years)
- Production pre-press experience required
- Experience with video creation/editing required
- Non-profit experience an asset
- A passion for education and the possibilities of math education to change lives
Target Salary Range: $55k-$65k CDN annually plus benefits. This is a full-time role and may be fully remote within Canada.
Qualified candidates please apply on or before September 17, 2021, to [email protected] with a cover letter and resume. Please include position title in subject line of email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are committed to hiring practices that are barrier-free, emphasize the value of diversity, and ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all applicants. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce including Indigenous peoples, those from the LGBTQ2S community, people with disabilities, those who identify as BIPOC, and women.
If you require accommodation during the application process, please let us know.