JUMP Math is committed to protecting the personal information of its customers, members, employees, volunteers, and donors (collectively, stakeholders) in accordance with all applicable statutory requirements. JUMP Math values the trust of those it deals with and recognizes that maintaining this trust requires the organization to be transparent and accountable in how it treats the information that individuals choose to share.
What Personal Information Does JUMP Math Collect?
JUMP Math collects and maintains different types of personal information about individuals with whom it interacts through its sales, membership, fundraising, recruitment, and employment functions. The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by JUMP Math.
This information includes:
- Contact and identification information, such as a person’s full name, home address, telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- Donation information such as date of gift, amount of gift, appeal (the campaign an individual contributed to), name of spouse or partner if it was a joint gift;
- Financial information such as a person’s payment methods and preferences, billing, and banking information (credit card number and expiry date or chequing account transfer numbers, whichever payment type the individual prefers in order to process their donation/purchase);
- Product and service-related information concerning the sale of JUMP Math resources and merchandise that we provide to an individual;
- Relationship information that helps us to understand more about an individual including how they like to do business (e.g., language and communication preferences, location, and demographics).
- Personal details and photographs of JUMP Math stakeholders, donors for use in the organization’s public marketing and promotion.
- Work history, educational background, references, nationality, criminal record history, and other details for assessment in recruitment processes for employees and volunteers;
- Another individual’s information either requested by JUMP Math or provided by one individual about someone other than themselves (e.g., spouse, partner, employer). The provider must have the authority to provide the information and allow JUMP Math to collect, use and/or disclose the information in accordance with this policy; and
- Other personal information used for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
When an individual visits the JUMP Math website, our organization also collects aggregate data to better understand how our website is used, to make sure our information and dynamic content are served correctly, and to improve the performance of our site for our users, particularly the way search pages are delivered. Further information is available below under the heading “Cookies”.
Why Does JUMP Math Collect Personal Information?
JUMP Math collects personal information to further its mission of empowering teachers to help students. JUMP Math collects this information through fundraising, public education and advocacy, research, and programs, as well as to establish, maintain, and manage its relationship with individuals. Certain information is collected to satisfy the requirements of Canada Revenue Agency.
The main reasons that JUMP collects information from individuals are to:
- Establishing their identities;
- Process sales orders and donations;
- Provide customer service to members, customers, and donors;
- Respond to requests for information;
- Process applications or nominations for employment or volunteer positions; and
- Manage the employment or volunteer recruitment and relationship.
JUMP Math also collects information to maintain its relationship with its supporters and stakeholders through communication about:
- Special offers on resources or programs;
- Information about product releases;
- Invitations to webinars or events;
- Updates and service announcements;
- Invitations to participate in surveys, research, or contests; and
- Successes in advancing its mission and opportunities to support JUMP Math’s mission.
Certain information is collected to satisfy the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency.
How Does JUMP Math Use Personal Information?
JUMP Math does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law. As described above, JUMP Math uses an individual’s personal information for: establishing their identity, providing member and/or customer service, fundraising, processing donations, employment purposes, responding to requests for information, and to periodically keep stakeholders informed and up-to-date on JUMP Math’s work in advancing its mission. In addition, if an individual chooses via our website (www.jumpmath.org) to subscribe to receive electronic communications from us, JUMP Math will collect their personal information to send them, on occasion, special offers, updates, and service announcements relating to our website, and to invite them to participate in surveys, promotions, or contests. JUMP Math may also periodically send individuals appeals and updates on current fundraising campaigns.
Sharing of Personal Information
Third-party service providers may be engaged by JUMP Math to perform a variety of functions, including mailing our communications, processing donations, fulfilling an individual’s order, processing membership information, processing applications or nominations for employment or volunteer positions and providing technical services for our website. These third-party providers may have access to personal information, if needed, to perform the functions for which they are retained. However, JUMP Math directs that those companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing their roles and may not use it for any other purpose or further disclose anyone’s personal information. Some of our third-party service providers are located outside of Canada and may be subject to the laws of the foreign jurisdiction in which they are located. In all cases, when personal information is shared with third party service providers, JUMP Math will demand reasonable assurance that third parties will protect your information in conformity with our privacy practices.
How Does JUMP Math Obtain an Individual’s Consent?
JUMP Math takes reasonable effort to keep personal information accurate, complete, and as up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes that it is being used. Individuals are permitted to check on the accuracy of their personal information and may make, or request, modifications or corrections, if necessary. JUMP Math depends on individuals and organizations to help it in maintaining the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the information collected. At any time, JUMP Math stakeholders can email their address updates, corrections, or requests to opt-out of email communications by sending an email to [email protected] It normally will take up to 10 business days to take effect.
General Privacy Practices
Our staff and volunteers are trained and authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared outside of what is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. JUMP Math also takes reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it being lost or destroyed.
Regularly, JUMP Math stakeholders are given opportunities to choose how often and in what way they wish to hear from our organization. At any time, JUMP Math supporters and other stakeholders are able to opt-out of receiving communication materials or solicitations.
Website and Electronic Commerce
Our website is operated by JUMP Math for the benefit of our supporters and other stakeholders. Personal information, such as email addresses and financial information, collected through the JUMP Math website is knowingly and specifically supplied to our organization by the website user. JUMP Math uses password protocols and encryption software to protect personal and other information it receives when a product or service is requested and/or paid for online.
All information, including credit card information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 256-bit encryption to help ensure the safety and security of online transactions. JUMP Math does not retain credit card information after the completion of an online transaction.
For website users under 18, they must obtain a parent’s or guardian’s permission before sending any personal information (such as full name, address, email, address, etc.) to JUMP Math or anyone else over the Internet. JUMP Math encourages parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which their children are participating.
There are links on the JUMP Math website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites outside of www.jumpmath.org are provided solely for convenience. The operation and content of such third-party websites is beyond JUMP Math’s control, and JUMP Math does not endorse in any manner whatsoever or accept any responsibility for the content or other material that may be contained on such websites, the use of such websites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such websites. JUMP Math is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use, or disclose your personal information, so it is important to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your personal information. JUMP Math will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct, or indirect, resulting from any use of any third-party website linked to this website.
How to get more information?
JUMP Math has appointed a Privacy Officer as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding this policy or written requests to see the personal information stored in JUMP Math’s records, please contact JUMP Math’s Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Contact us about Privacy