JUMP Math Website Terms & Conditions of Use
Who we are
When we say “we”, “us” or “our”, we mean JUMP Math.
By visiting our website and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced or hyperlinked in this website or provided through the Service. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the website, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services.
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your province, territory or state of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your province, territory or state of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Acceptable use of this website
We require you to follow several simple rules when accessing or using this website. You must not:
- use this website in violation of any law, rule or regulation
- interfere with or disrupt this website or any of our computer systems, servers, networks, databases, software, hardware or equipment used by or for this website
- interfere with the use or enjoyment of this website by others
- to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability
- to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others
- introduce code which is disruptive or harmful
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems, servers, networks, databases, software, hardware or equipment, including to: user-restricted areas of this website; logins and passwords of others; or personal information and personal accounts of others
- to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet
- frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of this platform, or to meta tag or insert any other “hidden text” utilizing JUMP Math’s name, URLs or trademarks without the express written consent of JUMP Math
- to collect or track the personal information of others
- to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape
- to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet or in any other manner suggesting misuse.
We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
Online services and transactions
Providing you with a safe and secure online shopping experience is our priority. As such, we routinely monitor our website for suspicious activity. However, the transmission of data or information over the internet or other forms of networks may not be secure, and is subject to possible loss, interception or alteration while in transit. We are not responsible for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any electronic transmissions over the internet or otherwise within the website, such as transmissions involving the exchange of electronic messages of any kind (including those which may contain your personal information). In no event will the information you provide on or through the website be deemed to be confidential, create any fiduciary obligations to you on our part, or result in any liability to you on our part in the event that such information is inadvertently released by us or accessed by third parties without your consent.
Unless we tell you otherwise, the content on this website is protected by copyright. Your ability to use and reproduce content owned by JUMP Math is set out in the Copyright information of this website below.
All content included in or made available through any JUMP Math Service–such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software–is the property of JUMP Math or its content suppliers, and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any JUMP Math Service is the exclusive property of JUMP Math and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws.
Copyright ownership in user submitted content is not held by JUMP Math unless we tell you otherwise. You must obtain the prior consent of the copyright holder before doing anything with user submitted content.
Graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any JUMP Math Service are trademarks of JUMP Math, its affiliates, or its licensors, in Canada and other countries. JUMP Math’s trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not owned or controlled by JUMP Math, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits JUMP Math or its affiliates. All other trademarks not owned by JUMP Math or its affiliates that appear in any JUMP Math Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by JUMP Math or its affiliates.
The official symbols of JUMP Math may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without our prior authorization which you must receive in writing from us.
This site uses an archive label to identify content that may not be the most recent or accurate version. This content is being maintained online for archival and research purposes. The label will direct people to a more recent or updated version if one is available.
User contributed content
This website allows you and others to submit content to this website. If you choose to submit content, please be civil and respectful. You must not:
- mislead us or anyone else as to your identity or the origin of the submitted content, or falsely claim to represent a person, organization or entity
- post or transmit any message, content or link to content that:
- you either do not own or do not have the necessary rights to post or transmit
- is in violation of any law, rule or regulation or any third party right, or promotes illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third party right
- is abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable
- incites hatred, racism, bigotry or physical harm of any kind
- is unsolicited or unauthorized, such as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme,” or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise)
- is in breach of any confidence
- includes personal data or information about others
- can result in us being liable to anyone else under any intellectual property rights law
While we may moderate certain interactive portions of this website, we are not required to, nor should you expect that we will, take action in response to any content posted on this website. The views expressed by others represent their own views and are not endorsed or approved by us, nor do we endorse or approve any events or other activities posted by a user.
We will cooperate with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation due to any content posted or activity that you undertake on our website and will provide such content and provide information regarding your identity as well as other relevant information.
Links to other websites and social media platforms
You may see links on this website to other websites and some widely-used social media platforms. We have included them because they may be of interest to you. Just to be clear, providing a link to them doesn’t mean that we endorse or recommend them to you.
Also, since these other websites and social media platforms are controlled and maintained by other people, we can’t be sure that the link will still work when you click on it or that the service or content is useful, appropriate, virus-free or reliable. Therefore, you need to decide for yourself whether you want to follow any link or to agree to receive or rely on any service or content that is made available to you.
Your privacy and third party sites
Important Privacy Information: Any information that you provide to or through a social media platform or other website is not collected or controlled by JUMP Math. Social media platforms or other websites are not bound by our Privacy Statement. You should review the privacy policies of any linked website or social media platform before providing any personal or other information. Others may not comply with the same privacy laws, policies and practices that we do! Please be careful.
Links from other websites and social media platforms
Unless we tell you otherwise, other websites and social media platforms that link to this website or any other JUMP Math website are not associated with us or endorsed by us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites.
Disclaimer of warranty / Limitation of liability
We cannot make this website as current, informative and interactive as possible without the important legal disclaimers of warranty and liability set out below. Make sure you don’t skip this section!
Use of this website and its contents is at your own risk. This website and all of its content are provided “As Is”. You must not rely on any content published on or linked to this website without first making your own enquiries to verify it is accurate, current and complete. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representations, warranties, covenants and conditions, express or implied, arising out of operation of law, course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade or otherwise, including any express or implied warranties and conditions of: merchantability; merchantable quality; fitness for a particular purpose; non-infringement; safety; quality; freedom from defects or that defects will be corrected; uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free use of this website; or accuracy, currency, reliability, completeness or appropriateness relating to the content of this website.
Limitation of liability
Under no circumstances will JUMP Math and its employees, agents and independent contractors have any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages, and including without limitation to any loss of profit, costs, expenses, harm to business, business interruption, reputation, loss of information or programs or data, loss of savings, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of tangible or intangible property, legal fees or legal costs, wasted management or office time or damages of any kind whatsoever), whether based in contract, tort, negligence or any other legal basis, arising out of or in connection with this website, any linked website or linked social media platform (including without limitation any damages suffered as a result of the use, inability to use, failure of, or any omissions or inaccuracies in, this website, any linked websites or linked social media platforms, or any of the services or content of the foregoing), even if JUMP Math has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, or if such damage or loss was foreseeable.
Created: May 3, 2021 (Last updated May 13, 2021)