New Canadian Editions
In 2016, JUMP Math undertook a major project to create new editions of our Grade 1-8 resources, starting with Grade 3, and to add a Kindergarten offering for the first time. The new resources for Grade 3, Kindergarten, and Grades 1 and 2 are all available now, and the new resources for Grades 4 and 6 and a French edition of the new student books for Grade 3 are being published for the 2018-2019 school year. Expanded editions of the 2009 Edition Teacher Resources for Grades 5, 7, and 8 are also available now, until major revisions of those grades are released.
New Canadian Edition PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides, as well as SMART Digital Lesson Slides, for Grades 1 and 2 are now available from our online store. Please note that as of January 1, 2018, the 2009 Edition Grades 1 and 2 AP Books in English are no longer available for purchase.
New Canadian Edition PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides, as well as SMART Digital Lesson Slides, for Grade 3 are now available from our online store. French translations of the New Canadian Edition AP Books for Grade 3 are available now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated French Resources order form which may be downloaded here.
JUMP Math is publishing the new Canadian Edition of our Grades 4 and 6 teacher and student resources for the 2018-2019 school year. The Teacher Resources (TRs) and the Assessment & Practice (AP) Books are available now.
Here are the key improvements we have made:
- Revised lessons that cover the new British Columbia curriculum, as well as the Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario curricula
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- Improved TR navigational tools, including a full table of contents showing which lessons to teach to cover your provincial curriculum requirements
- Improved lesson plan format and content, with simplified activities requiring fewer materials and less preparation time, lots of individual student exercises, and extensions
- Shorter units that create diversity of content and ensure that prior knowledge is done first
- Greater focus on the most fundamental topics at each grade level
- Additional focus on mental math in the TR, including number talks to develop communication skills and flexible strategies
- New quizzes and tests for each TR unit, in four versions tailored to the curriculum standards for British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario
Sample lessons from the new Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 TRs, Digital Lesson Slides, and AP Books are available here.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 books can be ordered now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated order form which may be downloaded here.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 Quizzes & Tests for each of BC, AB, MB, and ON can be ordered now and are available in print and for download here (PDF and Word formats).
For the new Canadian Editions for Grades 4 and 6, SMART and PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides for Grades 4 and 6 Part 1 and SMART Slides for Grade 4 Part 2 are available now, from our online store. SMART Digital Lesson Slides for Grade 6 Part 2 and PowerPoint Slides for Grades 4 and 6 Part 2 will be available later in February 2019.
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus, in 10 or 11 lessons per grade, on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities, in 3 extended problems per grade, for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- For Grades 7-8, improved and expanded quizzes and tests that cover all of the required curriculum material in every unit