We're offering unique webinars at a variety of grade levels! These topic-focused sessions offer strategies and tips for integrating mathematics in your classroom. Each webinar is 60 minutes and only $25 to register.
Kindergarten: Assessment of Early Math Learning (May 1)
Explore JUMP Math’s Kindergarten strategies for continuous assessment and the readily observable “look fors” that will support “making thinking and learning visible” for your Kindergarten learners and their families.
Kindergarten: Mental Math (Part 1) – Counting Fluency (May 8)
Responding to the most recent research in math learning, the JUMP Math Kindergarten Resources use simple and engaging activities to support all elements of the complex counting process. Let us help you expand your repertoire for developing number sense, computational fluency and conceptual understanding.
Kindergarten: Mental Math (Part 2) – Comparing and Composing (May 14)
Strengthen early computational fluency in your Kindergarten setting with a variety of activities that explore and “guide discovery” of mathematical comparison and composing and decomposing of numbers.
Kindergarten: Early Math Learning - Spatial Thinking (May 24)
Learn how the JUMP Math Kindergarten resources can help you provoke and develop spatial thinking in your Kindergarten setting as you introduce and explore intentional spatial language, and purposeful and playful tasks.
Getting Ready for Kindergarten Math (May 30)
Let JUMP Math lighten your load as you plan for September 2018. Uncover/rediscover opportunities for active, interactive, and joyful math learning within a context of math-friendly daily classroom routines.
New Canadian Editions
In 2016 JUMP Math undertook a major project to create new editions of our Grade 1-8 resources, starting with Grade 3, and to add a Kindergarten offering for the first time. The new resources for Grade 3, Kindergarten, and Grades 1 and 2 are all available now, and the new resources for Grades 4 and 6 and a French edition of the new student books for Grade 3 will be published for the 2018-2019 school year. Expanded editions of the 2009 Edition Teacher Resources for Grades 5, 7, and 8 are also available now, until major revisions of those grades are released.
New Canadian Edition PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides, as well as SMART Digital Lesson Slides, for Grades 1 and 2 are now available from our online store. Please note that as of January 1, 2018, the 2009 Edition Grades 1 and 2 AP Books in English are no longer available for purchase.
French translations of the New Canadian Edition AP Books for Grade 3 will be available on June 30, 2018, and can be pre-ordered now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated French Resources order form which may be downloaded here.
JUMP Math is publishing the new Canadian Edition of our Grades 4 and 6 teacher and student resources for the 2018-2019 school year. Part 1 of the Teacher Resources (TRs) and the Assessment & Practice (AP) Books will be available on July 31, 2018, and Part 2 of the TRs and AP Books will be available on November 30, 2018.
Here are the key improvements we have made:
- Revised lessons that cover the new British Columbia curriculum, as well as the Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario curricula
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- Improved TR navigational tools, including a full table of contents showing which lessons to teach to cover your provincial curriculum requirements
- Improved lesson plan format and content, with simplified activities requiring fewer materials and less preparation time, lots of individual student exercises, and extensions
- Shorter units that create diversity of content and ensure that prior knowledge is done first
- Greater focus on the most fundamental topics at each grade level
- Additional focus on mental math in the TR, including number talks to develop communication skills and flexible strategies
- New quizzes and tests for each TR unit, in four versions tailored to the curriculum standards for British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario
Sample lessons from the new Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 TRs and AP Books will soon be available here.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 books can be pre-ordered now from University of Toronto Press Distribution, using an updated order form which may be downloaded here.
New Canadian Edition Grades 4 and 6 Quizzes & Tests for each of BC, AB, MB, and ON can be pre-ordered now and will be available in print on August 31, 2018, for Part 1 and on January 15, 2019, for Part 2, and for download here (PDF and Word formats).
For the new Canadian Editions for Grades 4 and 6, SMART Digital Lesson Slides will be available in August 2018 for Part 1 and January 2019 for Part 2, and PowerPoint Digital Lesson Slides will be available in September 2018 for Part 1 and February 2019 for Part 2, from our online store.
- Problem-Solving Lessons that focus, in 10 or 11 lessons per grade, on a range of problem-solving strategies and include extensive problems for practising each strategy
- Extended problems that provide challenging opportunities, in 3 extended problems per grade, for students to use problem-solving strategies to solve multi-part problems
- For Grades 7-8, improved and expanded quizzes and tests that cover all of the required curriculum material in every unit