1:30 pm - 4:30 pm PST
Join Christina Laughbon, Outreach Manager & Teacher Support, for an opportunity to learn about a math program where every child learns to love math and be successful!
5 STEM Washington State Clock Hours are available upon completion of three hour workshop and two hour self-study.
JUMP Math in the Classroom: Closing the Gap and Building a Growth Mindset Culture
Learn how JUMP Math can raise levels of student engagement, boost confidence, and help you teach in a way that supports all learners academically. In this workshop, we will explore:
- barriers that prevent students from paying attention and being engaged in math lessons;
- the JUMP Math Teacher Guide and how to use it effectively;
- effective teaching strategies that will instill a deep understanding and love of math in students;
- using number talks to help students think about numbers in different ways;
- the strategic teaching of mental math facts and skills;
- how to use our SMART Lessons to create effective and working IEPs;
- achieving understanding and mastery by breaking mathematics down into sequential, scaffolded steps, while still allowing students to make discoveries; and
- using continuous assessment to ensure all students are engaged and none are left behind.
- Fully integrated technology tips to enrich the JUMP Math experience for your students
Please email Christina Laughbon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to save your spot.