Do you see numeracy as something that can be applied in all facets of life, from science to the arts to everyday life skills? Do you believe that all students are capable of succeeding at math? Do you share a desire to improve math achievement both for those who are not currently doing well and for those who are already succeeding? JUMP Math does! If you do too, please read on!
Overview of JUMP Math
JUMP Math is a Toronto-based registered charity that is dedicated to helping children realize their full potential by encouraging an understanding and a love of math in students and educators. JUMP Math provides training and extensive teacher resources for teachers of Kindergarten through Grade 8, as well as Assessment & Practice Books for students. Started as a kitchen table tutoring project in 1998 by mathematician, author, and award-winning playwright John Mighton, last year JUMP Math reached 157,000 students with its classroom programs. We are currently revising our offerings in anticipation of continued growth in regions across Canada. The JUMP Math team is composed of creative, dynamic, and resourceful professionals who are committed to making a difference in education.
We are seeking an experienced individual to work with our publishing team in Toronto to help copy-edit, proofread, and coordinate the production of math education resources for teachers and students. The successful candidate is an accomplished in-house editor who has a passion for education and is able to adapt to a continually evolving environment in the midst of growth. Our publication schedule for the next two years is challenging. This is a full-time contract position.
Reporting to the managing editor, you will:
- Coordinate production process from copy-editing to printing for new titles and reprints
- Maintain production schedules to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of high-quality printed and electronic educational resources
- Copy-edit manuscripts, coordinate work of other copy-editors, and proofread layout passes to ensure fidelity, high quality, and conformity to house style
- Liaise between writers and production, providing editorial guidance and feedback
- Maintain style guide and respond to queries about house style
- Help maintain published resources on JUMP Math’s website
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Editing training/education and experience, preferably in educational publishing
- High degree of proficiency in copy-editing and proofreading
- Experience coordinating projects
- Undergraduate degree
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances while maintaining deadlines, quality, and a collaborative atmosphere with a small, dedicated team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask while retaining a high level of attention to detail
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Proactive problem solver
- Passion for education and working in the non-profit sector
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of math, familiarity with educational curriculum, and proficiency in French are all assets for this position.
Applications are being considered promptly to fill this position as soon as possible. If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note that it may be beyond our capacity to respond directly to everyone who applies.
We're Hiring in the New York City area!
JUMP Math is a mission-driven, non-profit organization. We are looking for an outstanding educator to join our team in the New York City area. We're seeking an ambassador to inform teachers and administrators about the JUMP Math philosophy, methodology, and efficacy, and to support educators in implementing the program in their schools and classrooms.
Responsible for working creatively and strategically to further JUMP Math’s mission. Identify opportunities for JUMP Math adoption in schools and districts. Lead professional development workshops and support teachers and administrators to effectively implement JUMP Math in schools and classrooms.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience (elementary or middle school preferred)
- Experience in public speaking or Professional Development
- Experience teaching JUMP Math desirable
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about mathematics education
- Excellent communicator
- Personable relationship-builder
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to travel
- Dedicated and energetic
If you have these skills and experience, we hope to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include ‘NYC’ in the subject line of your email message.