JUMP Math’s Professional Development (PD) sessions are designed to give you the tools and skills to effectively implement the program in your classroom or school.
In our sessions, participants will:
- Learn about the JUMP Math resources, its philosophy and development
- Examine their own comfort levels with mathematics and mathematics teaching
- Discuss the importance of teachers' mathematical knowledge
- Observe and critique a JUMP Math lesson
- Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Learn about anticipating ‘pitfalls’, task analysis and other JUMP Math teaching strategies
- Discuss practical strategies
- Have opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
Upcoming Professional Development
Payment & Discounts
Full day in-person = $86.40
Half day in-person = $59.40
When you register for a workshop, you have the opportunity to order one printed, binder-ready version of a grade-specific Teacher Resource package at the discounted price of $73.50 + GST and/or one set of grade-specific student Assessment and Practice books at the discounted price of $14 + GST. This discount is only available up to one week before the workshop.
We recommend that you pay online when you register. However, if you do pay by cheque, please indicate which workshop you are attending and mail it to: JUMP Math, One Yonge Street, Suite 1014, Toronto, ON M5E 1E5. Please do not bring your cheque to the workshop.
If your school or district plans to adopt JUMP Math, we offer the following discounts:
- 35% off Professional Development
- 20% off Teacher Resources (including Digital Lesson Slides)
Please click here for more information on School and District Discounts.
Want Professional Development in Your School?
If there is sufficient interest in a particular school district, arrangements can be made to have a JUMP Math Outreach Manager provide professional development. Prices vary according to location and number of teachers. Please visit the regional pages to reach the appropriate Outreach Manager.
Professional development certificates are available to participants upon request. Please contact.