Thank you for your interest! Our REACH Community Fund has closed for 2017-2018.
The REACH Community Fund supports organizations engaged in promoting math success in kids who are not reaching their academic potential in math. Eligibility is based on the program being supported by a Canadian registered charity or Canadian non-profit organizations offering tutoring outside of the regular classroom. Our Essentials tutoring materials include Student Books (Book A:Grades 1/2, Book B:Grades 3/4, Book C:Grades 5/6, and Book D:Grades7/8) and Tutoring Guides that correspond to each Student Book. In addition to the Student Books and Tutor Guides, organizations that are awarded REACH Community funding will also be offered webinar training for their tutors.
Who Can Apply
JUMP Math is pleased to accept applications for the 2017-2018 REACH Community Fund from non-profit and charitable community organizations that deliver tutoring, mentoring, or homework clubs to marginalized children and youth.
The lead donor for the REACH Community Fund is TD Bank, offering to link qualifying organizations with TD Bank employees in your community who may wish to volunteer. If suitable, JUMP Math will connect your organization with TD Bank’s volunteer coordinator.
- Complete the online application form
- Following approval, complete resource order form and book training
- Resources will be dispatched upon completion of training
REACH Community Fund Impact
The program impacts the community by:
- Raising math and overall academic achievement
- Improving attitudes toward math and other areas of learning
- Increasing academic confidence and student satisfaction with school
- Improving the classroom environment and academic performance across the board by reducing rates at which at-risk students act out and / or check out
- Raising expectations for marginalized students
The REACH Community Fund is supported by generous donations from corporations, foundations, and individuals. If you would like to support this innovative fund, please donate! Watch tutor, Andrew Uyeno, talk about his experience with the JUMP Math tutoring program.
Responsibilities of Community Partners
- To ensure that up-to-date criminal background checks are complete for all staff
- To work with JUMP Math to evaluate the effectiveness of using JUMP Math in your program
- To provide feedback to JUMP Math on the usefulness of the resources
- To provide testimonials from tutors and students about their experience of the JUMP Math program
Learn about the JUMP Math tutoring program and get sample resources here. For more information about the REACH Community Fund, please contact:
Mary Sadleir, VP of Outreach