JUMP Math is a unique charity dedicated to improving math education that relies heavily on donations to support the development and continuous enhancement of its curriculum materials.
Donate on-line, safely and securely.
JUMP Math is a federally registered charitable organization based in Canada; Canadian Registration Number is 864326814 RR0001. Every dollar we raise goes towards nurturing mathematical ability and academic confidence in young people.
- Numeracy is widely understood as a foundation of 21st century economic competitiveness. Despite this, many national, provincial and municipal governments experience faltering performance in mathematics. These performance gaps are evident in studies of the Canadian educational landscape.
- Numeracy skills in middle school grades have been shown to be strong predictors of eventual graduation from high school, itself a pre-requisite to employability. A study by Johns Hopkins University concluded that sixth graders who fail math have less than a 1 in 5 chance of making it to the 12th grade on time.
- Over 170,000 students are using JUMP Math this year.
- This year, donations and self-generated revenue also allowed JUMP to provide subsidized materials and training for almost 5,000 students and their teachers, who would not otherwise have been able to access the JUMP Math program.
- Canada ranks among the top 15 countries in student math achievement and a randomized-controlled study found that students taught using JUMP Math progressed twice as fast as students taught using one of Canada’s two most widely used math programs.
- JUMP Math has been described as “A Better Way to Teach Math” in the New York Times.
JUMP Math will provide tax receipts for donations of cash, other assets, and in-kind gifts according to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) guidelines. We will acknowledge your donation within one week of receiving it. Acknowledgements may be issued automatically for donations made online.
JUMP Math relies on a range of support from individuals, organizations, foundations and corporations. To view our list of donors, click here.
Donor Bill of Rights
All donors to JUMP Math have rights. To read our Donor Bill of Rights, click here.
If you want to discuss your support for JUMP Math, please contact:
Vice President of Development
Phone: 416-596-7716 x 221