JUMP Math is a unique charity dedicated to improving math education that relies heavily on donations to support the development and continuous enhancement of its curriculum materials.
Donate on-line, safely and securely.
JUMP Math is a federally registered charitable organization based in Canada; Canadian Registration Number is 864326814 RR0001. Every dollar we raise goes towards nurturing mathematical ability and academic confidence in young people.
- Numeracy is widely understood as a foundation of 21st century economic competitiveness. Despite this, many national, provincial and municipal governments experience faltering performance in mathematics. These performance gaps are evident in studies of the Canadian educational landscape.
- Numeracy skills in middle school grades have been shown to be strong predictors of eventual graduation from high school, itself a pre-requisite to employability. A study by Johns Hopkins University concluded that sixth graders who fail math have less than a 1 in 5 chance of making it to the 12th grade on time.
- Over 170,000 students are using JUMP Math this year.
- This year, donations and self-generated revenue also allowed JUMP to provide subsidized materials and training for almost 5,000 students and their teachers, who would not otherwise have been able to access the JUMP Math program.
- Canada ranks among the top 15 countries in student math achievement and a randomized-controlled study found that students taught using JUMP Math progressed twice as fast as students taught using one of Canada’s two most widely used math programs.
- JUMP Math has been described as “A Better Way to Teach Math” in the New York Times.
JUMP Math will provide tax receipts for donations of cash and securities according to Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) guidelines. We will acknowledge your donation within one week of receiving it. Charitable tax receipts are issued immediately for donations made online.
Donating Shares and other Securities
JUMP Math is grateful for donations of publicly traded shares and other securities. Donating securities can be a tax efficient way to make a donation to charities that you support. By donating securities you may, under some circumstances, eliminate the capital gains tax on securities that have risen in value from their purchase price. Under current Canadian tax rules, your donated securities are exempt from capital gains tax when transferred in-kind to a charity. The capital gains tax exemption does not apply if you sell the securities first and then donate the cash proceeds.
If you are interested in making a donation of shares, please contact Claudia DeSimone, Vice President of Development Canada, JUMP Math at 416-596-7716 x250 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The procedure is straightforward and may enable you to make a larger donation (and an even bigger difference!) at a lower cost. Following your donation, we will issue a charitable tax receipt based on the closing value of the shares on the date they are received into our brokerage account. It is important to seek the advice of your financial advisor when making a donation of securities.
For more information about giving a gift of securities, please contact:
Vice President of Development Canada, JUMP Math
Office: 416-596-7716 x 250 Toll-free: 1-888-965-6284 x 250
One Yonge Street, Suite 1014 Toronto
ON M5E 1E5
Thank you for considering a gift of securities to JUMP Math!
The Donation Process
- Contact Claudia DeSimone (1-416-596-7716 x 250 or toll-free: 1-888-965-6284 x 250) or via email at email@example.com about making your gift and transferring your shares.
- JUMP Math will;
- Ask you to download and complete the first two sections of the Charitable Donation of Securities in Kind form from our website, sign and date the Contributing Client Authorization and send it by fax, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail along with your contact information for receipting purposes, or
- Provide you with an Authorized Charitable Donation of Securities in Kind form for completion and execution by your broker. Complete, sign and date the Form and forward to your broker to complete the transfer.
- You may also wish to follow up closely with your broker to help ensure your instructions are carried out promptly.
JUMP Math relies on a range of support from individuals, organizations, foundations and corporations. To view our list of donors, click here.
Donor Bill of Rights
All donors to JUMP Math have rights. To read our Donor Bill of Rights, click here.
If you want to discuss your support for JUMP Math, please contact:
Claudia DeSimone, Vice President of Development Canada
(416) 596-7716 x 250 / Toll Free: +1 (888) 965-6284 x 250