Do you see numeracy as something that can be applied in all facets of life, from science to the arts to everyday life skills? Do you believe that all students are capable of succeeding at math? Do you share a desire to improve math achievement both for those who are not currently doing well and for those who are already succeeding? JUMP Math does! If you do too, please read on!
Overview of JUMP Math
JUMP Math is a Toronto-based registered charity that is dedicated to helping children realize their full potential by encouraging an understanding and a love of math in students and educators. JUMP Math provides training and extensive teacher resources for teachers of K-8, as well as Assessment & Practice books for students. Started as a kitchen table tutoring project in 1998 by mathematician, author, and award-winning playwright John Mighton, last year JUMP Math trained almost 3,000 teachers and over 150,000 students used its classroom programs. We are currently expanding our offerings in anticipation of significant growth. The JUMP Math team is composed of creative, dynamic, and resourceful professionals who are committed to making a difference in education.
We're Hiring in the New York City area!
JUMP Math is a mission-driven, non-profit organization. We are looking for an outstanding educator to join our team in the New York City area. We're seeking an ambassador to inform teachers and administrators about the JUMP Math philosophy, methodology, and efficacy, and to support educators in implementing the program in their schools and classrooms.
We are currently searching for an Outreach & Teacher Support Manager for New York City and the surrounding area to play a key role in spreading the word on JUMP Math and supporting educators with professional development and ongoing support so they may deliver JUMP Math effectively. The Outreach & Teacher Support Manager will work primarily in the New York metropolitan area, but will also necessitate some travel.
- Spreading the JUMP message via presentations to teachers, administrators, and parents
- Working with JUMP Math colleagues, school and district personnel to build productive relationships based on collaborative planning and open, two-way communication
- Assisting schools with the planning, pacing, and implementation fidelity necessary to ensure student success
- Organizing and delivering JUMP Math professional development for teachers, math coaches, and administrators, in person, as well as via webinar and teleconference
- Establishing and building relationships with other networks and organizations (e.g., teacher organizations, parent groups)
- Developing engaged JUMP Math master teachers to help maintain and grow the use of the program
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 5 years of experience as a teacher, preferably in the public school system
- Solid knowledge of elementary and intermediate math (grades K – 8)
- A love of math and belief that all students can succeed
- Excellent public speaking skills, with experience delivering public talks, PD and coaching for teachers
- Self-starter and team player
- Experience getting a new program off the ground
- Can build trust and professional relationships with educators during PD and coaching sessions
- Enjoys promoting and, more importantly, achieving positive change
- Comfortable with travel
- Experience using JUMP Math in a classroom will be an advantage
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NY Outreach” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest. It may be beyond our capacity to respond directly to all who apply.
No positions currently available.