Learn about JUMP Math's Professional Development for Educators.
JUMP recognizes that few elementary school teachers are math specialists, so we take special care to ensure that our Teacher Guides include clear explanations of math concepts and how they link to other subjects, other areas of math, real world applications, and higher level mathematics. Our lesson plans provide detailed scripts for teachers who need them, but can also be used as a resource package for teachers who just want ideas.
JUMP Math’s Professional Development (PD) sessions are designed to give teachers the tools and skills to use the Teacher's Guides to implement the program effectively in their classrooms. In the PD sessions participants will:
- Learn about the JUMP Math program, its philosophy and development
- Examine their own comfort levels with mathematics and mathematics teaching
- Discuss the importance of teachers' mathematical knowledge
- Observe and critique a JUMP Math lesson
- Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Learn about anticipating ‘pitfalls’, task analysis and other JUMP Math teaching strategies
- Discuss practical strategies
- Have opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
For dates, locations and other information, please go to the Professional Development Sessions page.