Our professional development (PD) sessions are designed to show you how to use the JUMP Math curriculum and our proven teaching strategies to reach and engage all students.
Introduction to JUMP Math
Get introduced to the JUMP Math approach and gain the tools and skills to implement the program effectively in your classroom or school. In this workshop you will gain:
- A foundation in the JUMP Math approach to teaching mathematics in K-8 classrooms
- Knowledge of the emerging evidence on the effectiveness of JUMP Math
- An understanding of how JUMP Math aligns with the US Common Core State Standards
- Strategies to develop mental math fluency
- Differentiation techniques that support classroom community and avoid classroom hierarchies
- Techniques for teaching problem-solving skills
- Assessment strategies that keep students engaged and learning in their comfort zone
- Familiarity with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
Want a PD Session in Your Community?
If there is sufficient interest in your school district, arrangements can be made to have a JUMP Math facilitator deliver professional development to your group. Prices vary according to location and number of teachers. Please contact Noreen McLean for more details.
Professional development is also available as a series of webinars.
Professional development certificates are available to participants upon request. Please contact Noreen McLean to make arrangements.