JUMP Math regularly runs webinars led by one of our Outreach Managers. Webinars are delivered via the internet. Access information will be sent to all registrants by email prior to the webinar date.
JUMP Math At A Glance (Free 45 Minute Webinar)
If you want to learn more about JUMP Math or have a question for us, join our JUMP Math At A Glance sessions! These free,
45-minute webinars introduce our philosophy and resources if you're looking for a bit more information before registering for full professional development.
Sign up for an upcoming JUMP At A Glance webinar here.
JUMP Math is a teaching approach paired with classroom resources aimed at eradicating math anxiety and enabling students to reach their full potential in mathematics.
This two-part webinar is geared for educators eager to learn more about the JUMP Math approach and classroom resources. Through a partnership between the University of Calgary, Werklund School of Education researchers, and JUMP Math, Math Minds created an approach to teaching mathematics that is evidence-based, theory-driven, and outreach-oriented. This webinar is aligned to the research findings from Math Minds, presenting a number of proven methods that teachers can use to strengthen and sustain mathematics ability and performance, improve student confidence, and boost student enjoyment of math. In the webinar, participants will:
- Learn about the JUMP Math philosophy
- Understand how the Math Minds research has informed our teaching approach
- Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
- Discuss practical classroom strategies to reach each and every student
This four-hour webinar costs $52.92 per participant. The fee includes Part 1 and Part 2, both of which must be completed in sequence. For your convenience, we run sessions regularly and both Part 1 and Part 2 can be completed in a manageable four hours total. You will receive an e-mail one day prior to the webinar, containing detailed instructions on how to log in.
Kindergarten Webinar Series
Crafted especially for educators in the early years, our topic-focused sessions offer strategies and tips for integrating mathematics in the K classroom. Each webinar is 60 minutes and only $25 to register!
- Assessment. Explore JUMP Math’s Kindergarten strategies for continuous assessment and the readily observable “look fors” that will support making thinking and learning visible for your Kindergarten learners and their families.
- Spatial Thinking. Learn how the JUMP Math Kindergarten resources can help you provoke and develop spatial thinking in your Kindergarten setting as you introduce and explore intentional spatial language, and purposeful and playful tasks.
- Mental Math (Part 1) – Counting Fluency. Responding to the most recent research in math learning, the JUMP Math Kindergarten Resources use simple and engaging activities to support all elements of the complex counting process. Let us help you expand your repertoire for developing number sense, computational fluency and conceptual understanding.
- Mental Math (Part 2) – Comparing and Composing. Strengthen early computational fluency in your Kindergarten setting with a variety of activities that explore and structure inquiry of mathematical comparison and composing and decomposing of numbers.
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten Math. Let JUMP Math lighten your load as you plan. Uncover and rediscover opportunities for active, interactive, and joyful math learning within a context of math-friendly daily classroom routines.
Getting Ready for Grade 1-3
Inspire confidence, strengthen foundational math skills, and encourage engagement in your primary classroom by beginning with carefully crafted, inclusive math practices. Let JUMP Math help you explore the strategic concept & skill development that builds new connections and deepens those connections incrementally.
Getting Ready for Grade 4-6
Begin the year in your Junior classroom with engaging and interactive learning opportunities designed to strengthen the development of math skills and conceptual understanding. Let JUMP Math help you improve student outcomes as you explore the frameworks that develop mathematically fluent problem solvers.
Getting Ready for Grade 7-8
In these critical "transition" years, it is vital to bolster confidence, strenthen computational fluency and mastery, and motivate independent mathematical decision making. Let JUMP Math help you plan engaging, interactive math learning through guided exploration, varied practice, and immediate feedback